How To Manually Install Language Packs In Windows 8 (lp.cab Files)
Microsoft has made it quite easy to install a language pack in Windows 8. Just search for “Add a language” in Windows 8 and add language through the interface. If you have downloaded the lp.cab language pack file on your computer, Windows 8 does not give any straight forward option to select the source language pack file to be installed. There are two more ways to manually install a language pack in Windows 8 (only if you have downloaded the language pack in your computer).
Method 1: Using lpksetup command
- Go to Run –> lpksetup
- You will be taken to a window which will let you add the language pack of your choice.
- You will be required to restart the computer once the language pack is installed completely.
- You may change your display language through Control Panel languages option.
Method 2: Using dism command
- Open command prompt with administrative privileges.
- Run the following command
dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\downloads\Win8lang\ar-sa\lp.cab
You will need to change the path with the path of the cab file in your local computer.
- Restart the computer when the command has been successfully completed.
- Change the display language from the Control Panel.